Sunday, May 15, 2011

Revelation...

Trader Joe's Chicken Patties are the diggity!

I'm not a food blogger, mostly because I tend to eat the same things over and over, and because when it is chow time I am usually so hungry that I don't want to take the time to pull out the camera a snap a pic. BUT, I had to share my recent delicious find: Trader Joe's Frozen Chicken Burger Patties.





I discovered these by accident on a recent TJs run. I saw them in the cart of a fellow shopper, and luckily the lines at my store are so long that I actually had time to run back to the frozen section and grab a box of my own without losing my spot.

I feel like I've read about chicken burgers on other blogs, but I've never really tried a frozen patty. They're made of dark meat, so they stay juicy, but the nutritional stats are strong (not too high in calories/fat, not full of fillers or weird stuff). And they are delicious! I added a slice of Swiss cheese and some grilled onions on mine and paired with a big pile of steamed broccoli.


So good!



I bought two more boxes today, so I'll be stocked for lunches for a while. I'm not always the most imaginative when it comes to meals, but I can think of a couple of different yummy ways to top these and add a little flavor -- can't wait to experiment!

Anyone else try these? What is your favorite way to serve them?



2 comments:

  1. These look like a good buy! I'll have to keep an eye out for them, yum!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joe's FTW! I love having something on hand that I can whip up into a SUPER quick dinner. Sometimes I get home really late and resort to the takeout thing, but I can actually cook these much faster than the diner can deliver me a grilled cheese and fries!

    ReplyDelete