Friday, June 3, 2011

Truth

LIKE: Cake
DISLIKE: Pie

Photo credit: Bakerella
LIKE: Dogs using their front paws like hands
DISLIKE: Dogs winking at me (as if to say, "Yup, one day we will be your alien overlords and you'll be the one who can't sit on the couch.")

LIKE: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
DISLIKE: Real Housewives of Anywhere Else (I do love NeNe, though!)

LIKE: Blythe Danner
DISLIKE: Gwyneth Paltrow

LIKE: May flowers
DISLIKE: April showers

Ranunculus are my favorite!
Photo credit: Lucy Snowe Photography



LIKE: Brunch (champagne, prime rib? check!)
DISLIKE: Breakfast (no champagne, no prime rib? boring)

LIKE: Manicures
DISLIKE: Smudging the polish before I get home (Always. Always!)

Photo credit: Kate Spade NY

LIKE: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (and when I say like, I mean LOVE)
DISLIKE: weeks when The Daily Show is on vacation

LIKE: Facebook
DISLIKE: Foursquare

LIKE: Mets
DISLIKE: Yankees

LIKE: Sex and the City
DISLIKE: Sex and the City: The Movie



LIKE: NY1
DISLIKE: Any other 24-hour news channel

LIKE: Leggings
DISLIKE: Leggings as pants (cover your bum!)

LIKE: French macarons
DISLIKE: Coconut macaroons


Photo credit: Cupcakes and Cashmere

LIKE: Your comments on my silly posts :)
DISLIKE: Well...

8 comments:

  1. Fun post! I don't like people wearing leggings as pants, either. I'm like, "Hmm, it seems like you walked out of the house before you got fully dressed this morning!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    And yes, that's exactly the problem! I see a woman on my commute most mornings, and one day she was wearing leopard print leggings and a short sweater. I was like, "I don't even know you, I do NOT need to see your butt encased in leopard". But legging under something (a tunic, dress, etc.) are totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a TON in common! Although, I loved the SATC movie, just not the second one. Maybe I need to do one of these posts. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post, I like cake and dislike pie too...its a crust thing. Thanks for validating that I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the manicures and the leggings! But I will have to defend the Yankees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad people liked this! I thought it would be a good getting-to-know-you kind of post while I was away...

    A -- I would love to read a post like this on your blog! And I REALLY hated SATC:TM 2, but the first one disappointed me a bit. I guess one of the things I liked about the show was that they could keep it light while still doing serious things. The movie was kind of dark...and how could Carrie blame Miranda for that throwaway comment!

    H -- Cake vs. pie is a hotly debated argument! And yes, the crust/mushy filling texture difference is a problem for me, too. Can't do it!

    K -- Yes, that's why I usually go with Mademoiselle on my fingers...easier to hide the smudges! And we'll just have to agree to disagree on the baseball thing ;) I guess you're someone who is a fan of winning, MVPs, dynasties, etc. I like that the Mets keep me on my toes and teach me how to handle heartbreak. At this point, I am an expert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...love this! Again, we have soo much in common. I could eat cake every day for every meal (though I have to say unfortunately I don't dislike pie...I can eat that, too...damn) and you know how I feel about the Mets/Yankees...it takes true heart to stick with em -that's for sure!
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, a cake and pie eater -- a rare breed! And my dating mantra is go with a Mets fan because I know they will be unfailingly loyal! :)

    ReplyDelete