This morning at about 12:30am, I was back in Brooklyn following a fantastic vacation to Disney World. You might not have even noticed I was gone because of my sneaky auto-posts (ah, technology!) -- but while you were reading about Give Kids the World, cake, and dachshunds, I was in the land of sunshine and talking mice.
It was a lovely vacation, but it definitely took a lot out of me. I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, and I was dragging today (the final day of my lovely 11-day work respite). When I went to bed last night (er, this morning...it was about 3am), I remember making a mental to-do list and thinking that I would need to put myself on a schedule today to get it all done.
I did manage to make a dent in the list: two loads of laundry are done, groceries have been purchased, (some) blogs have been read, a few DVR'd shows have been watched. But there's still a lot to do. And I had all good intentions of spending this evening writing up a few glorious posts about my trip, some musings on running, and my plans for the summer.
And here's what I can tell you: that is not going to happen. Because it is 9:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open! But I will share these updates soon -- there are a couple of posts that are half-written in my head, I just need to dislodge them. In the meantime, a few highlights:
- I spent 6 days in Orlando and did not see a drop of rain -- not one single "oh, this must be the end of the world!" thunderstorm! It was, however, hot as balls.
- I read The Hunger Games, and I really liked it! Jennifer Lawrence is perfect as Katniss Everdeen, I'm cautiously excited about the film.
- I finally beat my brother at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Dessert had been wagered, and it was delicious.
- I saw Winnie the Pooh, and I think he may have gotten taller. When pressed, he refused to answer.
- I drew Dale, and he only slightly looked like he had been run over by a car!
|Mine is on the bottom right|