Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Update

Hi friends,

Your friendly Peacock blogger here...I'm baaacck! I hope. I really never intended to take such a long break, but I guess one of the things I learned is that getting out of the habit of regular blogging means that I lose momentum quickly. I had written a million posts in my head, but none of them actually made it on to the screen. I still remember most of them, though, so hopefully I will be able to do a little catching up.

Anyway, here is a quick rundown of things that I've done in the past month:

1. Visited Kentucky for a business trip.

I did a lot of traveling for work this summer, and apparently the theme was "random states I've never visited" -- I hit Texas, West Virginia, and Kentucky. All were nice, if not a little warm. And now I'm three steps closer to achieving one of my Life List goals.

2. I prepared for a hurricane.



Hurricane Irene was all the rage in NYC last month, and I realized that I was woefully unprepared for any kind of natural disaster. Brooklyn did not seem too freaked out -- my neighborhood in particular was very calm. A trip to the grocery store revealed Perrier and fancy cheese to be running dangerously low, but all other staples very well-stocked. It reminded me a lot of this:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Gourmet Food Crisis
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

On a side note: aww, look how adorable young Jon looks :)

3. I slept through a hurricane.



Yes, so Irene turned out to be kind of a bust in NYC.  It all happened overnight while I was fast asleep. There was flooding in some areas, some power outages, a few idiots in a kayak, and some hilarious press conferences by Mayor Bloomberg, but it wasn't much of a disaster. Many places had it much worse.

4. I moved to Florida.


Whoa. WHOA! This one is going to take some more explanation, but let me just say that for the next 4-5 months, The Peacock Diaries will be coming to you from sunny Orlando! Celebration, to be specific. Do you know this town? It is fantastic -- I've always wanted to live in Stars Hollow, and I think that maybe I do. Much, much more to come here...stay tuned!

5. I rented a car and drove myself home from the airport.

Seriously! I still can't believe it, but I did it! My driving lessons are over and I am officially a driver now. In fact, I guess I kind of enjoy driving because I managed to put 450 miles on my rental car in a week. I think that's a lot, right?

I have missed you all and look forward to sharing more updates and also checking out what you've all been up to -- I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with blogs, but I am ready to spend some quality time with my blog reader!

More to come soon, but it feels good to get something posted. Tonight I have a date with the Magic Kingdom -- still pinching myself that Mickey is right in my backyard!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! You've been busy!! Say hi to Mickey for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER busy! But mostly with fun stuff, so it is good :) Mickey says hi back!

    ReplyDelete